7.12.2013

Breezeblocks - Alt-J


"Muscle to muscle and toe to toe
The fear has gripped me but here I go
My heart sinks as I jump up
Your hand grips hand as my eyes shut..."


I need to take a {lot of} minute{s} today to be grateful for this man. 

he happens to be my best friend and the best daddy in the whole world

We've been butting heads a lot lately, kids do their darndest to divide and conquer, (seriously, whoever came up with sleep-deprivation as a torture technique most definitely had children) but I am the luckiest.  

photo credit - Tara Miesner Photography - www.taramiesnerphotography.com 

We've been through so much together in the past few years. The big things don't even faze us as a pair. Major illness, death of loved ones, near death birth experience, surgery on our tiny mister... we're solid all the way. 

one of my favorite pictures of all time.


It's the little, inane crap that gets us. 

As I was refilling my sun-tea jar this morning, after a pointless argument about who hadn't put the dishes away when they said they would, I remembered where that jar came from. 

I inherited my first sun-tea jar from my Noni and it was incredibly special to me. So what did I do, of course, but drop and smash it to smithereens. I don't remember the specifics, but I was having one of those no-good-very-bad California days (of which there were many) so I'm sure there were grossly excessive amounts of tears. 

A few days later a brand new vintage sun-tea jar showed up in the mail. 


jar in use

A little later, Worth and I took Finny out. I was reminded that Finny can now roam freely in our yard because of the awesome fence BJ built. Like with his bare hands {power tools}. My man can build shit. With his bare hands {power tools}.


fence - work in progress

Just now, as I was leaving Worth's room after putting him down for his nap, I saw this sweet note in our chalkboard room - 




I mean, you guys! Spoiled rotten is what I am.


thank YOU for all that you do. i love you.

Dirty kitchens don't matter. These two do. I love you, babe.

Download the song here.


No comments:

Post a Comment